The quarterly update for 12/31/2019 is a large update, affecting every calculator. The majority of the changes affect the functionality of the calculations, updating them to 2020 rules and regulations. The most significant calculation changes in this update were to the retirement, savings, and tax calculators. Additional changes have also been made changes for continued ADA support. All standard calculators meet accessibility specification WCAG 2.1 Level AA and Section 508.
"Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Security Act", better known as the SECURE Act was signed into U.S. law on December 20th, 2019 (technically it was an amendment to a much larger funding bill). The SECURE Act has a significant impact on retirement distributions. All affected calculators have been updated, both in definitions and functionality, to incorporate the new law as it now is understood. It is expected that the IRS will release further procedures to implement the SECURE Act. We expect at least one more update in 2020 to accommodate IRS published revenue procedures.
Home Financing Calculators
- 15 Year vs. 30 Year Mortgage Calculator - Use this calculator to compare these two mortgage terms, and decide which term is better for you.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage Calculator - This calculator helps you to determine what your adjustable mortgage payments will be.
- APR Calculator for Adjustable Rate Mortgages - Use this calculator to find the APR on your adjustable rate mortgage.
- ARM & Interest Only ARM vs. Fixed Rate Mortgage - Use this calculator to compare a fixed rate mortgage to two types of ARMs, a Fully Amortizing ARM and an Interest Only ARM.
- ARM vs. Fixed Rate Mortgage - Use this calculator to compare a fixed rate mortgage to a Fully Amortizing ARM.
- Bi-Weekly Mortgage Calculator - Using bi-weekly payments can accelerate your mortgage payoff and save you thousands in interest. Use this calculator to compare a typical monthly payment schedule to an accelerated bi-weekly payment.
- Home Equity Line of Credit Calculator- How big of a home equity line of credit can you receive? Use this calculator to find out!
- Home Equity vs. Auto loan - Use this calculator to determine if a home equity loan makes sense for your next automobile purchase.
- Interest Only Mortgage Calculator - Use this calculator to generate an amortization schedule for an interest only mortgage.
- Maximum Mortgage Calculator - Use this calculator to determine your maximum mortgage and how different interest rates affect how much you can borrow.
- Mortgage APR Calculator - Use this calculator to find the APR on your mortgage.
- Mortgage Balloon Calculator - A balloon mortgage calculator can be an excellent option for many home buyers, use this calculator to see if a balloon mortgage might fit your needs.
- Mortgage Comparison Calculator 20 Years vs 30 Years - Use this calculator to compare these two mortgage terms, and let us help you decide which term is better for you.
- Mortgage Loan Calculator - Use this calculator to determine your monthly payment and amortization schedule.
- Mortgage Payment Calculator for 15 yr, 20 yr and 30 yr loans - This compact format can fit in just about any tight space!
- Mortgage Payoff Calculator - Save thousands of dollars in interest by increasing your monthly mortgage payment.
- Mortgage Points Calculator - Should you buy points? Use this calculator to find out.
- Mortgage Qualifier Calculator - Can you buy your dream home? Find out just how much you can afford!
- Mortgage Required Income Calculator - Use this calculator to determine how much income you need to qualify for a mortgage and how different interest rates affect your required income.
- Refinance Breakeven Calculator - Should you refinance your mortgage? Use this calculator to determine when you will breakeven!
- Rent vs. Buy Calculator - Are you better off buying your home, or should you continue to rent?
- Reverse Mortgage Calculator - This calculator is specifically designed to show you how the outstanding balance of a reverse mortgage can rapidly grow over a period of time.