The quarterly update for 12/31/2019 is a large update, affecting every calculator. The majority of the changes affect the functionality of the calculations, updating them to 2020 rules and regulations. The most significant calculation changes in this update were to the retirement, savings, and tax calculators. Additional changes have also been made changes for continued ADA support. All standard calculators meet accessibility specification WCAG 2.1 Level AA and Section 508.
"Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Security Act", better known as the SECURE Act was signed into U.S. law on December 20th, 2019 (technically it was an amendment to a much larger funding bill). The SECURE Act has a significant impact on retirement distributions. All affected calculators have been updated, both in definitions and functionality, to incorporate the new law as it now is understood. It is expected that the IRS will release further procedures to implement the SECURE Act. We expect at least one more update in 2020 to accommodate IRS published revenue procedures.
Home Financing Calculators
- 15 Year vs. 30 Year Mortgage Calculator - Use this calculator to compare these two mortgage terms, and decide which term is better for you.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage Calculator - This calculator helps you to determine what your adjustable mortgage payments will be.
- APR Calculator for Adjustable Rate Mortgages - Use this calculator to find the APR on your adjustable rate mortgage.
- ARM & Interest Only ARM vs. Fixed Rate Mortgage - Use this calculator to compare a fixed rate mortgage to two types of ARMs, a Fully Amortizing ARM and an Interest Only ARM.
- ARM vs. Fixed Rate Mortgage - Use this calculator to compare a fixed rate mortgage to a Fully Amortizing ARM.
- Bi-Weekly Mortgage Calculator - Using bi-weekly payments can accelerate your mortgage payoff and save you thousands in interest. Use this calculator to compare a typical monthly payment schedule to an accelerated bi-weekly payment.
- Home Equity Line of Credit Calculator- How big of a home equity line of credit can you receive? Use this calculator to find out!
- Home Equity vs. Auto loan - Use this calculator to determine if a home equity loan makes sense for your next automobile purchase.
- Interest Only Mortgage Calculator - Use this calculator to generate an amortization schedule for an interest only mortgage.
- Maximum Mortgage Calculator - Use this calculator to determine your maximum mortgage and how different interest rates affect how much you can borrow.
- Mortgage APR Calculator - Use this calculator to find the APR on your mortgage.
- Mortgage Balloon Calculator - A balloon mortgage calculator can be an excellent option for many home buyers, use this calculator to see if a balloon mortgage might fit your needs.
- Mortgage Comparison Calculator 20 Years vs 30 Years - Use this calculator to compare these two mortgage terms, and let us help you decide which term is better for you.
- Mortgage Loan Calculator - Use this calculator to determine your monthly payment and amortization schedule.
- Mortgage Payment Calculator for 15 yr, 20 yr and 30 yr loans - This compact format can fit in just about any tight space!
- Mortgage Payoff Calculator - Save thousands of dollars in interest by increasing your monthly mortgage payment.
- Mortgage Points Calculator - Should you buy points? Use this calculator to find out.
- Mortgage Qualifier Calculator - Can you buy your dream home? Find out just how much you can afford!
- Mortgage Required Income Calculator - Use this calculator to determine how much income you need to qualify for a mortgage and how different interest rates affect your required income.
- Refinance Breakeven Calculator - Should you refinance your mortgage? Use this calculator to determine when you will breakeven!
- Rent vs. Buy Calculator - Are you better off buying your home, or should you continue to rent?
- Reverse Mortgage Calculator - This calculator is specifically designed to show you how the outstanding balance of a reverse mortgage can rapidly grow over a period of time.
Personal Finance Calculators
- Advanced Loan Calculator - Use the slider controls to instantly change your monthly payment, loan amount, interest rate or term.
- Amortizing Calculator - Enter your desired payment - and let us calculate your loan amount. Or, enter in the loan amount and we will calculate your monthly payment!
- Auto Loan Calculator - Find out how much automobile you can buy based on your monthly payment, or find out your loan payment based on your purchase price!
- Auto Rebate vs. Interest Rate Calculator - Use this calculator to help you determine whether you should take advantage of low interest financing or a manufacturer rebate.
- Basic Financial Calculator - This works just like a pocket financial calculator. In addition to arithmetic, it can also calculate present value, future value, payments or number or periods.
- Boat Loan Calculator - Determine your boat loan payment based on your purchase price or find out how much you can buy based on your monthly payment.
- Comprehensive Life Insurance Calculator - How much life insurance do you need? This comprehensive life calculator includes detailed net worth analysis, budgeting and college savings helps you find out.
- Cost-of-Debt Calculator - Use this calculator to see just how expensive paying interest on your debt can be.
- Credit Card Debt Calculator - The Credit Card Optimizer helps you determine the best distribution of your credit card debt.
- Credit Card Pay Off Calculator - Use this calculator to see what it will take to pay off your credit card balance, and what you can change to meet your repayment goals.
- Dealer vs. Credit Union Financing Calculator - Use this calculator to help you determine whether you should take advantage of low interest dealer financing or credit union financing combined with a manufacturer rebate.
- Fixed Annuity Calculator - A fixed annuity can provide a secure, tax-deferred investment. Use this calculator to see how a fixed annuity might fit into your retirement plan.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Calculator - This Health Savings Account (HSA) calculator determines the amount you are allowed to deposit into an HSA account for the current tax year.
- How much do you owe Calculator - Use this calculator as a starting point for your debt management plan.
- Human Life Value Calculator - One of your most important assets is your ability to earn a paycheck. This calculator is designed to help you understand today's value of your future earning. Use this calculator to determine your economic value for your loved ones... your Human Life Value.
- Should you lease your next automobile or finance it? Find out with this calculator!
- Life Insurance Calculator - How much life insurance do you need? Enter your current assets, expense and income. You can also adjust the inflation rate and your expected rate of return to see how these variables can impact your insurance needs. Press the "View Report" button to see a year by year breakdown of your family's future income and expenses.
- Loan Payment Frequency Calculator - Use this calculator to determine your payment or loan amount for different payment frequencies. You can make payments weekly, biweekly, semimonthly, monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually. You can then examine your principal balances by payment, total of all payments made, and total interest paid.
- Loan Prequalification Calculator - Use this calculator as your first step in determining your ability to qualify for a loan.
- Motorcycle Loan Calculator - Determine your Motorcycle loan payment based on your purchase price or find out how much you can buy based on your monthly payment.
- Net Worth Calculator - This calculator helps you determine your net worth. It also estimates how your net worth could grow (or shrink!) over the next ten years.
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) Loan Calculator - Determine your RV loan payment based on your purchase price or find out how much you can buy based on your monthly payment.
- Roll Down your Credit Card Debt Calculator - The Credit Card Roll down Calculator applies two simple principles to paying off your credit card debt.
- Student Loan Calculator - The Student Loan Consolidation and Debt Payoff calculator applies two simple principles to paying off your Debt; Consolidate your student loans, and use the monthly savings to pay off your other outstanding debt.
Retirement Finance Calculators
- 401k Savings Calculator - A 401(k) can be one of your best tools for creating a secure retirement. Use this calculator to see why this is a retirement savings plan you cannot afford to pass up.
- 403b Savings Calculator - If you are an employee of a non-profit tax-exempt organization, a 403 b can be one of your best tools for creating a secure retirement.
- 457 Plan: Roth vs. Pre-tax Calculator - Use this calculator to help determine whether a Roth or Pre-tax 457 might be best for you.
- 72(t) Calculator - The IRS Rule 72T allows for penalty free, early withdrawals from retirement accounts. Use this calculator to determine your allowable 72T Distribution and how it can help fund your early retirement.
- Annual Rate of Return Calculator - Use this calculator to determine the annual return of a known initial amount, a stream of deposits, plus a known final future value.
- Borrowing From a 401k or 403b Calculator - The majority of 401(k) plans and a growing number of 403(b) plans let you borrow money from your account. Use this calculator to help you determine if you should borrow, and the potential impact on your retirement savings.
- Compare Investment Fees Calculator - Even a small difference in the fees you pay on your investments can add up over time. Use this calculator to see how different fees impact your investment strategy!
- Investment Questionnaire Calculator - Cash, Fixed Income and Equities - This questionnaire is designed to help you create a balanced portfolio of the three basic investment classes: Cash, Fixed Income and Equities.
- Life Expectancy Calculator - This calculator can give you an idea of your life expectancy based on your current age, smoking habits, gender and several other important lifestyle choices.
- Long Term Care Calculator - Long term care is needed by those who can't perform the basic tasks required to take care of themselves. This calculator can help you determine if you are financially prepared for this impending expense.
- Municipal Bond Tax Equivalent Yield - Income generated from municipal bond coupon payments are not subject to federal income tax and often are exempt from state taxes. Use this calculator to estimate the tax-equivalent yield (TEY) for a municipal bond.
- Mutual Fund Expense Calculator - This calculator can help you analyze the costs associated with buying shares in a mutual fund. By entering a few pieces of information, found in your fund's prospectus, you can see the impact of fees and operating expenses on your investment.
- Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) for Current Year - The IRS requires that you withdraw at least a minimum amount - known as a Required Minimum Distribution - from some types of retirement accounts annually, starting the year you turn age 70-1/2. Determining how much you are required to withdraw is an important issue in retirement planning. Use this calculator to determine your Required Minimum Distributions.
- Retirement Income Calculator - Use this calculator to determine how much monthly income your retirement savings may provide you in your retirement.
- Retirement Planner Calculator - Quickly determine if your retirement plan is on track - and learn how to keep it there.
- Retirement Shortfall Calculator - Running out of your retirement savings too soon is one of the biggest risks to a comfortable retirement. Use this calculator to find a potential short fall in your current retirement savings plan.
- Roth 401k vs Traditional 401k Calculator - Use this calculator to determine which 401(k) contribution type might be right for you.
- Roth IRA Calculator - Use this calculator to compare the Roth IRA to an ordinary taxable investment.
- Roth IRA Conversion Calculator - This calculator will show the advantage, if any, of converting your IRA to a Roth.
- Roth vs. Traditional IRA Calculator - Use this calculator to determine which IRA is right for you.
- Social Security Benefits Calculator - Use this calculator to estimate your Social Security benefits.
- This calculator is designed to help compare a normal taxable investment, a tax deferred investment and tax-free investment.
- Traditional IRA Calculator - How can contributing to a regular IRA help you in your retirement?
Savings Finance Calculators
- Budgeting Calculator - Reducing your spending can be worth more than you might think. Use this calculator to see just how much your budget reductions may be worth.
- Checkbook Balancing Calculator - Balance your checkbook with this quick and easy calculator.
- College Savings Calculator - Use this calculator to help develop or fine tune your education savings plan.
- Cool Million Calculator - Find out when your savings plan will make you a millionaire!
- Family Income Calculator - Should my spouse work? This calculator is designed to help you see the financial impact of having either one or two incomes for your household.
- Future Value Calculator - Use this calculator to determine the future value of an investment which can include an initial deposit and a stream of periodic deposits.
- Home Budget Calculator - Analyze your budget, see where your money goes and find out where you can improve!
- Home Buyer Savings Calculator - Use this tool to help you calculate what it might take to save for your new house.
- Use this calculator to determine an Internal Rate of Return (IRR). It calculates the IRR on an annual basis of an irregular stream of up to 20 payments and withdrawals.
- Retirement Savings Calculator - Use this calculator to see how long your retirement savings will last based on your retirement savings and your inflation adjusted withdrawals.
- Savings Calculator - Find out how consistent investments over a number of years can be an effective strategy to accumulate wealth.
- Savings Calculator, Taxes and Inflation - Use this calculator to determine how much your savings will be worth with these two important variables in mind.
- Savings Goals Calculator - What will it take to reach your savings goal? This financial calculator helps you find out.
- Student Budget Calculator - This calculator is specifically designed to help students understand their expenses and income while attending a university, college or other full-time educational institution.
Business Finance Calculators
- Asset Allocator Calculator - Your age, ability to tolerate risk, and several other factors are used to calculate a desirable mix of stocks, bonds and cash.
- Break Even Analysis Calculator - Find out how many and what price you must sell your product at to make a profit.
- Business Debt Consolidation Calculator - Should your business consolidate its debt? Use this calculator to find out.
- Business Valuation - Discounted Cash Flow - This tool calculates a business valuation based upon the discounted cash flow methodology - illustrating how changes in projected growth rates and capital assumptions impact the business Net Present Value.
- Cash Flow Calculator - Having adequate cash flow is essential to keep your business running. Use this calculator to help you determine the cash flow generated by your business.
- Equipment Buy vs. Lease Calculator - Should you lease your equipment or finance it? Find out with this calculator!
- Financial Ratios Calculator - This calculator helps you to zero in on areas of your business that may need attention. Areas such as solvency, liquidity, operational efficiency and profitability.
- Inventory Calculator - Use this calculator to determine how much inventory you should hold, and efficient timing of your inventory orders.
- Investment Loan Calculator - This calculator helps illustrate the effect of using a loan to purchase an investment or appreciable asset. Using debt as leverage to purchase investments can magnify your return. The downside is that you also increase your risk.
- Like Kind Exchange Calculator - This calculator is designed to calculate and the recognized loss, gain and the basis for a Like Kind Exchange.
- Line of Credit Payoff Calculator - Use this calculator to see what it will take to pay off your line of credit, and what you can change to meet your repayment goals.
- Loan & Credit Line Tax Savings - This calculator helps determine your tax savings on loans or credit lines with tax deductible interest payments.
- Profit Margin Calculator - This calculator can help you determine the selling price for your products to achieve a desired profit margin.
- Repossession of Real Property - If you have repossessed real property, you can use this calculator to determine the gain or loss as well as its new basis.
- Company Stock Distribution Calculator - If you own company stock in a retirement plan you may be able to take advantage of using the long term capital gains tax rate rather than your ordinary income tax rate on this investment.
- Working Capital Needs - Working capital is essential to running your business. This calculator assists you in determining your working capital needs for the next year.
Tax Estimators Calculators
- 1040 Tax Calculator - How much in income taxes will you pay? Use this 1040 tax calculator to help determine your tax bill for next April.
- Charitable Giving Tax Savings - Use this calculator to determine your potential tax savings with a tax deductible gift to charity. This calculator sorts through the tax brackets and filing options to estimate the actual tax savings of your charitable gift.
- Estate Tax Planning - Knowing your potential estate tax liability is a great place to start your estate tax plan. Use this calculator to estimate your estate tax liability.
- Marginal Tax Rate Calculator - Use this calculator to determine your marginal and effective tax rates. This calculator sorts through the tax brackets and filing options to calculate your true tax liability.
- Net to Gross Paycheck Calculator - This calculator helps you determine the gross paycheck needed to provide a required net amount.
- Payroll Deductions Calculator - Use this calculator to help you determine the impact of changing your payroll deductions.
- Self Employment SE Taxes Calculator - If you are self-employed, operate a farm or are a church employee use this calculator to determine your self-employment taxes.
- Student Loan Interest Tax Rate Calculator - Use this calculator to see how higher incomes can phase-out or eliminate student loan interest deduction and the impact your tax bill.