The quarterly update for 12/31/2019 is a large update, affecting every calculator. The majority of the changes affect the functionality of the calculations, updating them to 2020 rules and regulations. The most significant calculation changes in this update were to the retirement, savings, and tax calculators. Additional changes have also been made changes for continued ADA support. All standard calculators meet accessibility specification WCAG 2.1 Level AA and Section 508.
"Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Security Act", better known as the SECURE Act was signed into U.S. law on December 20th, 2019 (technically it was an amendment to a much larger funding bill). The SECURE Act has a significant impact on retirement distributions. All affected calculators have been updated, both in definitions and functionality, to incorporate the new law as it now is understood. It is expected that the IRS will release further procedures to implement the SECURE Act. We expect at least one more update in 2020 to accommodate IRS published revenue procedures.
Business Finance Calculators
- Asset Allocator Calculator - Your age, ability to tolerate risk, and several other factors are used to calculate a desirable mix of stocks, bonds and cash.
- Break Even Analysis Calculator - Find out how many and what price you must sell your product at to make a profit.
- Business Debt Consolidation Calculator - Should your business consolidate its debt? Use this calculator to find out.
- Business Valuation - Discounted Cash Flow - This tool calculates a business valuation based upon the discounted cash flow methodology - illustrating how changes in projected growth rates and capital assumptions impact the business Net Present Value.
- Cash Flow Calculator - Having adequate cash flow is essential to keep your business running. Use this calculator to help you determine the cash flow generated by your business.
- Equipment Buy vs. Lease Calculator - Should you lease your equipment or finance it? Find out with this calculator!
- Financial Ratios Calculator - This calculator helps you to zero in on areas of your business that may need attention. Areas such as solvency, liquidity, operational efficiency and profitability.
- Inventory Calculator - Use this calculator to determine how much inventory you should hold, and efficient timing of your inventory orders.
- Investment Loan Calculator - This calculator helps illustrate the effect of using a loan to purchase an investment or appreciable asset. Using debt as leverage to purchase investments can magnify your return. The downside is that you also increase your risk.
- Like Kind Exchange Calculator - This calculator is designed to calculate and the recognized loss, gain and the basis for a Like Kind Exchange.
- Line of Credit Payoff Calculator - Use this calculator to see what it will take to pay off your line of credit, and what you can change to meet your repayment goals.
- Loan & Credit Line Tax Savings - This calculator helps determine your tax savings on loans or credit lines with tax deductible interest payments.
- Profit Margin Calculator - This calculator can help you determine the selling price for your products to achieve a desired profit margin.
- Repossession of Real Property - If you have repossessed real property, you can use this calculator to determine the gain or loss as well as its new basis.
- Company Stock Distribution Calculator - If you own company stock in a retirement plan you may be able to take advantage of using the long term capital gains tax rate rather than your ordinary income tax rate on this investment.
- Working Capital Needs - Working capital is essential to running your business. This calculator assists you in determining your working capital needs for the next year.