The quarterly update for 12/31/2019 is a large update, affecting every calculator. The majority of the changes affect the functionality of the calculations, updating them to 2020 rules and regulations. The most significant calculation changes in this update were to the retirement, savings, and tax calculators. Additional changes have also been made changes for continued ADA support. All standard calculators meet accessibility specification WCAG 2.1 Level AA and Section 508.
"Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Security Act", better known as the SECURE Act was signed into U.S. law on December 20th, 2019 (technically it was an amendment to a much larger funding bill). The SECURE Act has a significant impact on retirement distributions. All affected calculators have been updated, both in definitions and functionality, to incorporate the new law as it now is understood. It is expected that the IRS will release further procedures to implement the SECURE Act. We expect at least one more update in 2020 to accommodate IRS published revenue procedures.
Savings Finance Calculators
- Budgeting Calculator - Reducing your spending can be worth more than you might think. Use this calculator to see just how much your budget reductions may be worth.
- Checkbook Balancing Calculator - Balance your checkbook with this quick and easy calculator.
- College Savings Calculator - Use this calculator to help develop or fine tune your education savings plan.
- Cool Million Calculator - Find out when your savings plan will make you a millionaire!
- Family Income Calculator - Should my spouse work? This calculator is designed to help you see the financial impact of having either one or two incomes for your household.
- Future Value Calculator - Use this calculator to determine the future value of an investment which can include an initial deposit and a stream of periodic deposits.
- Home Budget Calculator - Analyze your budget, see where your money goes and find out where you can improve!
- Home Buyer Savings Calculator - Use this tool to help you calculate what it might take to save for your new house.
- Use this calculator to determine an Internal Rate of Return (IRR). It calculates the IRR on an annual basis of an irregular stream of up to 20 payments and withdrawals.
- Retirement Savings Calculator - Use this calculator to see how long your retirement savings will last based on your retirement savings and your inflation adjusted withdrawals.
- Savings Calculator - Find out how consistent investments over a number of years can be an effective strategy to accumulate wealth.
- Savings Calculator, Taxes and Inflation - Use this calculator to determine how much your savings will be worth with these two important variables in mind.
- Savings Goals Calculator - What will it take to reach your savings goal? This financial calculator helps you find out.
- Student Budget Calculator - This calculator is specifically designed to help students understand their expenses and income while attending a university, college or other full-time educational institution.