The quarterly update for 12/31/2019 is a large update, affecting every calculator. The majority of the changes affect the functionality of the calculations, updating them to 2020 rules and regulations. The most significant calculation changes in this update were to the retirement, savings, and tax calculators. Additional changes have also been made changes for continued ADA support. All standard calculators meet accessibility specification WCAG 2.1 Level AA and Section 508.
"Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Security Act", better known as the SECURE Act was signed into U.S. law on December 20th, 2019 (technically it was an amendment to a much larger funding bill). The SECURE Act has a significant impact on retirement distributions. All affected calculators have been updated, both in definitions and functionality, to incorporate the new law as it now is understood. It is expected that the IRS will release further procedures to implement the SECURE Act. We expect at least one more update in 2020 to accommodate IRS published revenue procedures.
Personal Finance Calculators
- Advanced Loan Calculator - Use the slider controls to instantly change your monthly payment, loan amount, interest rate or term.
- Amortizing Calculator - Enter your desired payment - and let us calculate your loan amount. Or, enter in the loan amount and we will calculate your monthly payment!
- Auto Loan Calculator - Find out how much automobile you can buy based on your monthly payment, or find out your loan payment based on your purchase price!
- Auto Rebate vs. Interest Rate Calculator - Use this calculator to help you determine whether you should take advantage of low interest financing or a manufacturer rebate.
- Basic Financial Calculator - This works just like a pocket financial calculator. In addition to arithmetic, it can also calculate present value, future value, payments or number or periods.
- Boat Loan Calculator - Determine your boat loan payment based on your purchase price or find out how much you can buy based on your monthly payment.
- Comprehensive Life Insurance Calculator - How much life insurance do you need? This comprehensive life calculator includes detailed net worth analysis, budgeting and college savings helps you find out.
- Cost-of-Debt Calculator - Use this calculator to see just how expensive paying interest on your debt can be.
- Credit Card Debt Calculator - The Credit Card Optimizer helps you determine the best distribution of your credit card debt.
- Credit Card Pay Off Calculator - Use this calculator to see what it will take to pay off your credit card balance, and what you can change to meet your repayment goals.
- Dealer vs. Credit Union Financing Calculator - Use this calculator to help you determine whether you should take advantage of low interest dealer financing or credit union financing combined with a manufacturer rebate.
- Fixed Annuity Calculator - A fixed annuity can provide a secure, tax-deferred investment. Use this calculator to see how a fixed annuity might fit into your retirement plan.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Calculator - This Health Savings Account (HSA) calculator determines the amount you are allowed to deposit into an HSA account for the current tax year.
- How much do you owe Calculator - Use this calculator as a starting point for your debt management plan.
- Human Life Value Calculator - One of your most important assets is your ability to earn a paycheck. This calculator is designed to help you understand today's value of your future earning. Use this calculator to determine your economic value for your loved ones... your Human Life Value.
- Should you lease your next automobile or finance it? Find out with this calculator!
- Life Insurance Calculator - How much life insurance do you need? Enter your current assets, expense and income. You can also adjust the inflation rate and your expected rate of return to see how these variables can impact your insurance needs. Press the "View Report" button to see a year by year breakdown of your family's future income and expenses.
- Loan Payment Frequency Calculator - Use this calculator to determine your payment or loan amount for different payment frequencies. You can make payments weekly, biweekly, semimonthly, monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually. You can then examine your principal balances by payment, total of all payments made, and total interest paid.
- Loan Prequalification Calculator - Use this calculator as your first step in determining your ability to qualify for a loan.
- Motorcycle Loan Calculator - Determine your Motorcycle loan payment based on your purchase price or find out how much you can buy based on your monthly payment.
- Net Worth Calculator - This calculator helps you determine your net worth. It also estimates how your net worth could grow (or shrink!) over the next ten years.
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) Loan Calculator - Determine your RV loan payment based on your purchase price or find out how much you can buy based on your monthly payment.
- Roll Down your Credit Card Debt Calculator - The Credit Card Roll down Calculator applies two simple principles to paying off your credit card debt.
- Student Loan Calculator - The Student Loan Consolidation and Debt Payoff calculator applies two simple principles to paying off your Debt; Consolidate your student loans, and use the monthly savings to pay off your other outstanding debt.